Instructor workload is a definite concern for instructors teaching online courses. Both the development and facilitation of online courses can be work-intensive; however, the workload related to developing and teaching online courses doesn’t need to be overwhelming.
This 20-Minute Mentor (opens in a new window) will explore a variety of practical solutions instructors can use to manage the workload of online teaching.
Upon completion of this program, you’ll be able to:
• Identify ways they can take into account workload considerations while they are planning and developing online courses
• Explain how the strategy of assigning less work could have a significant impact on instructor workload
• Describe how using certain feedback strategies to assess student work can positively influence instructor workload
• Pinpoint course development and facilitation practices that may be consistent “time stealers” and explore how to rectify those
• Understand the benefit of not “recreating the wheel” when developing and teaching online courses