Monday, March 13−
Sunday, March 19, 2023
This 20-Minute Mentor provides step-by-step instructions for a call-to-action project. The presenter explains the model she uses in her own classes and the ways that this model can be used in different course settings, disciplines, and class sizes.
Guidelines for executing every step of the call-to-action activity and results from the presenter’s own online classroom activity arm you with the knowledge and confidence to engage your online students through service learning.
Upon completion of this program, you’ll be able to:
• Identify three benefits to using service learning in your courses
• Explain key features of one model of service learning for an online course
• Apply the model to classes the participant teaches
• Help students settle on a course-related topic for their activity
• Describe different calls to action that students can employ
• Show students how to find and follow up with participants in their project
• Leverage social media to show how one person can make a difference