New Faculty Orientation is mandatory for all new faculty: Local 1650 and AFO.
The New Faculty Orientation will be delivered in HFC 101 resume again over the Fall and Winter semesters of 2022-2023. New and interested faculty can access the course shell online, and review the format in flexible modalities. The six-module course will be paced with live recorded zoom sessions in N-001 that are designed to help faculty members (new or those who would like to update their knowledge and skills) acclimate to HFC’s culture and student body, meet other instructors across the disciplines and gain the tools needed to become actively involved in the college, both within and outside the classroom. While this is mandatory, past participants have found the informal but structured setting and information very helpful and enjoyable as well. This series is offered to both new full-time and AFO adjunct faculty instructors. These sessions will run during the Fall 2022 and Winter 2023 semesters. If needed, participants can switch out session modalities and participate in both semesters, allowing schedule flexibility. A certificate of attendance will be provided at the end of the series and reported to your Dean.
- Module 1 and LWD– Getting Started, Introductions, and Issues: September 16th, 2022 @ 2:10 PM
- Module 2 and LWD-Access to Services & Virtual Tour: October 14th, 2022 @ 2:10 pm
- Module 3 and LWD-Assessment and Technology in Teaching: November 18th, 2022 @ 2:10 pm
- Module 4 and LWD-HFC College Organization: February 10th, 2023 @ 2: 10 pm
- Module 5 and LWD-Community College Students: March 17th, 2023 @ 2:10 pm
- Module 6 and LWD- The Local Community & How to Get Involved and become a Henry Ford Hawk: April 14th, 2023 @ 2:10 pm
(Note: adjunct reimbursement per AFO contract applies to orientation as well as all other CTEI offerings)