Before March 2020, we were skeptical that a polysynchronous learning platform, which allows face-to-face and online learning to occur at the same time, would be effective. However, not only can students learn in this environment, some may thrive given the flexibility and convenience it allows.
This 20-Minute Mentor shares lessons learned from the expert presenters’ polysynchronous teaching and provides ideas to help create a more effective learning environment. These lessons include: building rapport and encouraging interaction with your students, holding students accountable for their learning, developing different small-stakes assessments, and increasing empathy and flexibility as an instructor.
Upon completion of this program, you’ll be able to:
• Become a more effective polysynchronous teacher
• Hold students accountable for their learning
• Increase empathy and flexibility in their classrooms
• Develop and implement small-stakes online assessments
• Cultivate deeper teacher-student relationships